Friends, go all in - cook a whole fish! Incredibly flavorful and finger-licking delicious - this is actually a super easy recipe. Amazingly juicy, flaky and tender on the inside and deliciously crispy and seasoned on the outside, I seriously think you're going to love it.
Yield: 4 Servings
1 large whole fish (such as sea bass, branzino, or mahi mahi), scaled and gutted 2 garlic cloves, crushed 11/2 tbsp. lemon juice 1 tbsp. vegetable/olive oil 1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste 1 tbsp. chickpea flour/besan 1 tbsp. Greek yogurt 11/2 tbsp. Tandoori Tikka
1. Heat the oven to 450F.
2. Give your fish one final good rinse, then lightly pat it dry with paper towels. Use a sharp knife to lightly score the top of the fish in diagonal lines about 1-inch apart.
3. In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients and brush the marinate on the fish on both sides. Brush the inner cavity with the marinate as well.
3. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, or grease with cooking spray. Place the fish on it.
4. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145F and flakes easily with fork. (optional: Broil the fish for 2 minutes so it is slightly charred or has dark brown edges).
5. Remove the fish from the oven. Serve with over a salad or with pulao or naan.