These easy-quick nutritious snack bites are a big win when I carry them as samples at the farmers market. A real treat with no sugar - and you know that each bite is loaded with natural goodness, not processed nasties. The chai spices are mildly spicy, fragrant and refreshing; perking you up when you feel the midday lulls. Enjoy this recipe adapted from the full helping.
Yield: 20 laddus / balls
3/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. Chai Spice Blend
1 cup packed, pitted medjool dates
1. Put the cashews and the chai spice blend into a food processor with an S blade. Process for a minute.
2. Add the dates. Process for another 2 minutes, until the mixture is clumping together in the processor.
2. Scoop out 1 tbsp. amounts and gently roll into balls. There should be about 20-22 balls.
3. Repeat until all mixture is formed into balls.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze. Enjoy!
- Adjust the Chai Spice blend (add more for warmth) to your taste depending on how strong you want either of the flavors to be.
- Leftovers will keep stored in the refrigerator up to 1 month, or in the freezer up to 2 months.