A fantastic hummus recipe that is smooth, creamy and so flavorful - this will be your next favorite dip!
Yield: 6-8 Servings
1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 inch ginger minced 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. Chana Masala 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp. good-quality tahini
2 cloves garlic, peeled 1 tsp. fine sea salt or to taste
2 tbsp. water
Optional toppings: extra drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of Garam Masala
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan in low-medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the ginger and continue to sauté until the onion is golden.
2. Add the tomato and Chana Masala blend and mix well. Cook uncovered until the tomato has softened and is tender for about 4 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
4. In a blender, add the Chickpeas, the onion-tomato sauce, olive oil, tahini, garlic, salt and water. Puree for about 3-4 minutes until smooth. Add another tablespoon or two of water if necessary.
5. Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Garam Masala Blend.
Serve with with pita bread, pita chips or crudités.