A skillet of creamy chicken tikka masala simmering on the stove will fill your home with warm smells of the curry. Layered with a mess of warm spices with ginger, onion and garlic all infused into the requisite tomato cream sauce, this dish is a literal flavor explosion!
Yield: 4 Servings
1lb. chicken tikka kebab 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. butter 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 inch ginger, crushed
1-2 serrano peppers, chopped (optional) 1 cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp. tomato paste 1/2 tbsp. Tandoori Tikka Masala
1 tsp. sea salt or to taste 3/4 cup water
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, pepper and continue to sauté until the onion is golden.
2. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Tandoori Tikka spice blend, salt and mix well. Cover and cook--about 3 minutes.
3. Then add the cooked chicken tikka kebab, water and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
4. Add the cream and mix well. Cook for another minute.
5. Serve over steamed basmati rice, naan, roti or paratha.